At Medgear Care, we lead the market supplying top quality medical diagnostic equipment. We have a very strong focus on providing friendly customer care with fast delivery.
A wide range of medical devices, items or gadgets, that are used by a physician or a medical practitioner to diagnose, monitor, or treat certain ailments or medical conditions can collectively be put under the comprehensive term ‘Medical Equipment’. It includes a variety of products like Ultrasound units, Goniometer, Dynamometer, BP monitors, Thermometers, Pulse Oximeters, Vital signs monitor, otoscope, ophthalmoscope, Stethoscope, Sphygmomanometer, Oxygen concentrators, medical suction machines, Nursing Alarms and Pagers, CPAP machines, First-Aid, Scissors and Forceps, Nebulisers, Weighing machines etc. Medgear Care has made available a platform for you to shop for this medical equipment online at best prices and has ensured that you have the best quality of products to choose from.
Buy Medical Equipment Online in Australia:
One can buy medical equipment from world class brands online at Medgear Care. We are known for top-quality medical instruments. You can find them at low prices and affordable deals at Medgear Care.
Definition of Medical Equipment:
The World Health Organization (WHO) defines Medical Equipment as those devices which need to be -
- Repaired from time to time and,
- Require a trained user for its operation
Such devices have flexible utility i.e. they can either be used alone or can be used by suitably pairing up with other accessories or devices as per the medical requirement of the patient. The term Medical Equipment does not include the devices that are implantable, and which are single-use or disposable.
Types of Medical Equipment:
Medical Equipment is a very important part of healthcare and it plays a crucial role in the treatment of patients. The Equipment assists the health professionals in the proper examination and assessment of different medical conditions and ailments. Without perfect diagnosis, treating different health disorders can be extremely difficult. It is important that the correct type of equipment is used in a correct manner, in order to obtain a crystal-clear result or diagnosis. Broadly, the term Medical Equipment can be classified as below:
- Diagnostic Equipment - This type includes tools/devices/instruments that serve the purpose of purely diagnosing the health condition of a patient. The health professional performs diagnostic tests which are based on the symptoms which are described by the patients. The intention here is to examine abnormalities in the affected parts of the body which are causing the symptoms to appear.
- Durable Medical Equipment - The equipment which is primarily used for therapeutic assistance for the patients fall under this type. These are essentially supposed to be prescribed by a health professional and intend to serve a particular medical purpose. They are usually reusable for a long time at hospitals or even at home. Eg Wheelchairs, Walkers, Crutches, Nebulisers, Traction kits, Breast pumps etc.
- Treatment Equipment - The medical device which is designed essentially to treat a specific health condition can fall into this type. Such devices make use of modern technology to tackle the existing abnormalities so that the proper functioning of the affected organ is restored. E.g. Infusion pumps, Medical Lasers, Diagnostics scopes etc. Equipment like Surgical caps, Gloves, Glasses etc are used for surgical procedures.
- Life Support Equipment - The equipment which intends to retain the bodily functions of the patient are categorized as Life Support Equipment. In the absence of these devices, the organ systems of the patient may cease to function on their own. Eg Ventilators, Dialysis Machine Incubators etc.
- Medical Laboratory Equipment – Medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories largely use Medical Laboratory Equipment. The primary use of this equipment is for the purpose of various kinds of analysis which includes blood, urine, genes and other biological samples. The common examples are Blood collection supplies, Microbiological systems, Haematology analysers, Urinalysis analysers etc.
Medical Devices and Medical Instruments: Meaning and Difference:
Medical Devices and Medical Instruments are ambiguous terms. It is a matter of contemplation if they mean the same or have distinct connotations. The terms Medical Devices and Medical Instruments are often used interchangeably and do not seem to have any major difference. However, a minute observation may lead you to the conclusion that there may be a fine difference between them based upon their functionality. For our general understanding, we can define them as below:
- Medical Device - A medical device performs the tasks of diagnosing or monitoring different health conditions or ailments. It also is used to detect, measure, restore, correct, or modify the structure and function of the body for some health issue. A device does so, without causing any chemical or metabolic changes in the body. It has the sole purposes of detection or examination. E.g., Blood pressure monitor and Glucometer - These medical devices will help you examine or monitor the changes in your blood pressure and blood sugar, respectively. They have a longer lifespan and durability.
- Medical Instrument - A medical instrument is used as an aid in performing clinical or surgical procedures unlike a medical device. It helps in performing specific procedures on the patients which can cause chemical, metabolic, or physiological changes in the human body. E.g., Syringes, Needles, Scalpel, Surgical blades, Scissors etc. Another point of differentiation is that instruments are available in different shapes and sizes and some of them may often have to be disposed after a single use.
Buying Medical Devices Online at Medgear Care -
Medgear Care is an E-commerce platform which specializes in catering to the needs of senior citizens. It has made available a wide range of medical supplies online for the customers to choose from. You can find the best quality medical instruments and healthcare equipment on the website. Our range comprises medical devices like Oximeters, BP monitors, Nebulisers, Thermometers, Pulse Oximeters, etc.
While buying medical equipment online, it is important to understand the purpose for which it is intended to be used. Each device is specialized to perform a specific function and customers must choose the device as per the health condition or medical requirement of the patient. Below are the details of each medical device that is available for you online at Medgear Care.
- BP Monitor - A Blood Pressure monitor helps you check or keep a track of your blood pressure. There are two types of BP monitoring devices i.e. Manual BP apparatus and Digital BP monitor. As the manual BP apparatus needs another person for its operation and cannot be used by the patients on their own, most people prefer to use the digital BP Monitors. These can be operated by the individual on his/her own without requiring any assistance. However, while buying a BP monitor online, it is important to know which cuff size is perfect for you. If you use a BP monitor of the wrong cuff size, you may end up getting a wrong result.
Medgear Care has the best quality manual as well as digital BP monitors from world class brands available for you at best prices. You can choose a suitable device from a wide range of brands and prices. There are Automatic BP monitors, Mercurial BP monitors, Aneroid Sphygmomanometers etc available at best deal prices in Australia.
- Nebuliser - A Nebuliser is a device that helps convert medications or drugs in the form of mist which is inhaled by the patient into the lungs. This device is generally used by the patients having asthma, cystic fibrosis or other respiratory disorders. Nebulisers enable quick and speedy administration of drugs directly into the lungs of the patients in the form of mist which the patient inhales through a mask.
- Pulse Oximeter - The oxygen levels in your blood can be determined through a painless procedure called pulse oximetry. The Pulse Oximeter uses a non-invasive technique to check the saturation level of oxygen in your blood. This device can be attached to your fingertip in a painless manner which then passes two wavelengths of light through the finger which helps measure your pulse rate and the concentration of oxygen. Generally, readings obtained in a range of 95 to 100 percent are considered to be normal. Any result below 90 indicates low oxygen levels.
Medgear Care has Pulse Oximeters which constitutes a lucrative range of oximeters at the most attractive prices in Australia. Customers can choose from some of the best deals online for medical equipment in Australia.
- Thermometer - The change in body temperature is a common symptom for some ailments. Body temperature is a detrimental factor when it comes to diagnosis of certain illnesses. A thermometer is a device which helps track the rise and fall in temperature of the body. It helps obtain quick and accurate results and helps you manage and treat certain ailments. Different kinds of Thermometers are available in the market which differ on basis of the method which it uses to take the reading.
There are Non-Contact Thermometers, Digital Thermometers, Rectal Thermometers, Oral Thermometers, Ear Thermometers etc. Buy thermometers and other medical supplies online at Medgear Care.
- ECG Devices - The test which checks the functioning of your heart and its electrical activity is known as the Electrocardiogram or ECG. Your every single heartbeat passes an electrical impulse through your heart which leads to the squeezing of the muscles of the heart and causes it to pump out blood. This test checks your heart rate, its rhythm, and electrical activity. You can buy online at Medgear Care portable ECG devices that can be easily connected to your android or iOS devices like smartphones and tablets to obtain a quick ECG result at home. Medgear Care has such medical devices online for you, that are convenient, portable and can prove to be good healthcare equipment for domestic use.
- Height and Weight Scales – Your Height-Weight ratio determines if you are underweight, overweight or obese. Having weight more than what is considered normal for your height can be dangerous and can cause different heart related diseases. Weight management issue is mainly a lifestyle-oriented problem which arises due unhealthy dietary habits, lack of physical exercise, irregular sleep cycles and much more. Inculcating healthy habits of eating, regular exercise and considerable amount of physical exertion can help you burn extra calories. Having a scale for height and weight at home can make it convenient for you to monitor your weight and height. You can buy such medical devices online from Medgear Care which includes mechanical scales as well as Digital weighing machines.
Shop Medical Items Online at Best Price -
Medical items or Medical devices play an important role in the healing process of a patient. Whenever a person is going through a certain medical condition or illness, medical devices help in the proper examination and assessment of those ailments so that a suitable treatment can be given by the health professional. Hence it is important that you choose a correct device which is of good quality and impeccable functionality. Medgear Care has the best range of medical equipment which comes from the houses of premium brands that are popular for their top quality of the products they deliver. You can buy the medical equipment that you need at some of the best deals and prices online at Medgear Care. There is a wide range of medical products online which includes medical devices like BP Monitors, Pulse Oximeters, Nebulisers, Thermometers, etc. for you to choose from. You will have the best quality medical equipment from popular and trusted brands just a click away and at the best prices. Undoubtedly, you can have the most carefree shopping and healing experience with Medgear Care.
Medical Supplies Online at Medgear Care -
Medgear Care has made available a big range of medical supplies online for you at low prices.
Wholesale Medical Supplies - One can search for medical equipment suppliers and wholesale dealers in Australia Online. Medgear Care offers a range of medical equipment online at low prices. You can get in touch with us via –
Medgear Care offers a range of medical supplies online at low prices.
- What are the types of medical equipment?
Broadly, Medical Equipment can be classified into 5 types based upon the purpose they are used for or their functionality. They are as follows:
- Diagnostic Equipment - These are the types of medical devices that are purely used for the purpose of diagnosis. E.g. CT Scan, MRI Scan. X-Ray machine etc.
- Durable Medical Equipment - This kind of equipment is mainly used for providing mobility assistance or therapeutic relief to the users. E.g. Wheelchairs, Walkers, Crutches etc.
- Treatment Equipment - The medical device which is designed essentially to treat a specific health condition can fall into this type. E.g. Infusion pumps, Medical Lasers, Diagnostics scopes etc. Equipment like Surgical caps, Gloves, Glasses etc are used for surgical procedures.
- Life Support Equipment - The equipment which intends to retain the bodily functions of the patient are categorized as Life Support Equipment. Eg Ventilators, Dialysis Machine Incubators etc.
- Medical Laboratory Equipment - Medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories largely use Medical Laboratory Equipment. The primary use of this equipment is for the purpose of various kinds of analysis which includes blood, urine, genes and other biological samples.
- What is the difference between medical devices and medical equipment?
According to the definitions given by WHO:
A Medical Device performs the tasks of diagnosing or monitoring different health conditions or ailments. It also is used to detect, measure, restore, correct or modify the structure and function of the body for some health issue. A device does so, without actually causing any chemical or metabolic changes in the body. While Medical Equipment are those devices which need to be -
- Repaired from time to time and,
- Require a trained user for its operation
Such devices have flexible utility i.e. they can either be used alone or can be used by suitably pairing up with other accessories or devices as per the medical requirement of the patient. The term Medical Equipment does not include the devices that are implantable and which are single-use or disposable.
- What is Medical Equipment Technology?
Medgear Care offers a wide range of essential products online. So, you can choose the required products and we will ensure that these everyday essentials are delivered at home. You can shop and buy various essential products at low price.
Healthcare is a rapidly expanding field in which research and innovation play key roles in the advancement of medical science. Healthcare is significantly dependent on medical technology so that health professionals can find new and better ways to exceed in their practice - diagnosis, clinical and surgical procedure, overall care of the patient. New and innovative developments of medical devices and equipment have made valuable contributions in the betterment of the healthcare industry. It is inclusive of innovations as small as adhesive bandages to complex machinery like MRI Scan, CT Scan, Robotic surgical procedures etc.
- What is the Medical Equipment used in hospitals?
The hospitals use a wide range of medical equipment which includes medical devices like MRI Scans, CT Scans, Ventilators, Dialyser, BP monitors, Nebulisers, Suction machines, Pulse Oximeters, ECG machines etc. to name a few.
- What are the benefits of having medical devices at home?
Certain medical devices help you monitor and manage your health conditions. E.g. BP Monitors. If a person has the problem of hypertension, it can be very helpful to have a BP monitor at home as it will help in quick assessment of the blood pressure at home itself, he/she can keep a regular track of the BP and immediately can report to the doctor if any abnormalities are observed. Thus, having medical devices can save you the trouble of worsening your health condition and help in the prevention of serious casualties.
- What care must be taken while using the medical equipment at home?
Medical equipment is delicate and valuable, which makes it important that it is handled with great care. Make sure that you read the instructions carefully before using any medical device. It is necessary to store the device in safe and hygienic conditions so that it does not get damaged. Clean the equipment after use as per the instructions if necessary. Do not leave any medical equipment unattended in the presence of children. Medical equipment needs to be calibrated, repaired and maintained as per the established standards from time to time.