A versatile cooling pad that could be used inside your pillowcase, under your bed sheets and more for a comfortable night’s sleep
A simple to use Gel Pad that can be used to cool down the part of the body where it is required. It is designed to help those that suffer from hot temperatures, hot flushes, menopause, radiation therapy or simply feel hot when at rest.
The Heat dispersing Gel pad provides relief for a range of conditions that cause hot flushes and night sweats
- Menopause – Hot flushes can occur at all times during menopause including while trying to sleep, which often results in excessive sweating. This is generally considered as the most common cause of hot flushes occurring in women
- Hot sleeping environments - High ambient temperatures, high humidity, or a combination of both create uncomfortable sleeping environments
- Idiopathic Hyperhidrosis – With no medically identified causes, Idiopathic Hyperhidrosis causes the body to overproduce sweat and heat
- Sunburn – Following sunburn, the body retains a substantial amount of heat as it seeks to treat the effects of the sunburn and repair the epidermis of the body
- Cancer Treatment – Undergoing radiation treatment can often lead to a condition whereby the body retains residual heat from the treatment and the body's natural self-healing process
- Infection and Fevers – The human body naturally heats itself up as it actively fights illnesses and infections, resulting in fevers that cause restlessness during sleep
- Medication – Night sweats can be the result of taking certain medications. Antidepressants and some psychiatric medications that treat neurological conditions are known to cause night sweats as a side effect. Aspirins, acetaminophen and many other drugs can often cause night sweats or flushing in individuals
- Hypoglycemia – Sweating and hot sleeping can result from low blood sugar and the treatments associated with it such as insulin and oral diabetes medications
- Insufficient air conditioning - In hot environments and climates where the temperature pushes well above comfortable temperatures, air conditioning provides the cooling relief that the body needs to sleep comfortably. Where air conditioning is unavailable, other means to cool the body are essential to ensure that a proper restful sleep at night is possible
How the gel cooling pad works
The Gel layer uses conduction to transfer heat from the head or body into the gel product. This means that the body or head should feel cooler as heat is transferred. It is worth noting that gel pad will warm up over a period of time depending on ambient temperature and also the temperature of the user.
Easy to use as a pillow cooling pad
The Thera-med Gel pad can either be used at room temperature or can be placed in the fridge for an extra cold effect. If being refrigerated, please make sure that it is placed inside the zippered plastic bag that it arrives in so the product is not exposed to moisture.