Enhance bathroom safety with our free-standing bathroom safety bar. Experience heightened stability and confidence when using the toilet. This support bar is perfect for aiding individuals with mobility challenges, disabilities, or limited strength. Crafted to offer optimal assistance, it's the ideal choice for reliable standing support. Prioritize safety and independence in the bathroom with our purposefully designed safety bar. Brand - DJMed.
✔ Fast Shipping.
✔ 100% Secure Shopping.
✔ Australian Trusted Store.
Toilet Surround Support Rails
A toilet surround, also referred to as a toilet frame or safety frame, is an accessory designed to aid individuals with mobility challenges, disabilities, or reduced strength in the bathroom. Paired with a regular toilet, it enhances safety and ease during sitting and standing. Comprising a durable metal or plastic frame with armrests, the toilet surround encircles the toilet. The armrests offer stability for users to lower onto the seat and rise from it. Beneficial for the elderly, post-surgery patients, and those with arthritis or mobility limitations, this aid reduces fall risks and enhances bathroom maneuverability. Consulting healthcare professionals is advised for those with significant mobility concerns.
|Width between armrests (inner)
* This product is not subject to GST.
What is the Purpose of a toilet frame
A toilet surround frame serves a vital role for various individuals, particularly those grappling with mobility constraints, disabilities, or limited physical strength. This accessory offers numerous advantages:
- Enhanced Mobility: If conventional toilet usage is challenging due to age, surgery, injury, or health conditions, a toilet surround frame offers crucial stability. Its armrests facilitate sitting down and rising, utilizing upper body strength.
- Fall Prevention: The frame proves indispensable for those prone to bathroom falls, given its added security. By gripping the frame while using the toilet, the risk of balance loss and accidents diminishes.
- Preservation of Independence: Embracing a toilet surround frame fosters autonomy and self-esteem. This self-sufficiency in the restroom reduces dependence on caregivers and bolsters overall well-being.
- Recovery Aid: Following surgery or during rehabilitation, temporary mobility hurdles often arise. The frame expedites recovery by easing toilet usage during the recuperation period.
- Mitigation of Joint Discomfort: Arthritis and joint pain can complicate sitting and standing motions. The frame's support mitigates joint strain and associated discomfort.
- Support for Neurological Conditions: Neurological ailments like Parkinson's or multiple sclerosis may impede balance. The frame ensures secure toilet use in such cases.
- Elderly Support: Aging individuals are susceptible to mobility issues and falls. Employing the frame as part of a comprehensive safety strategy renders home settings more elderly-friendly.
However, suitability varies according to individual needs. Consultation with healthcare professionals or occupational therapists is recommended prior to adopting a toilet surround frame. They can assess circumstances and offer tailored advice on frame appropriateness and proper usage.
How to use it
Using a toilet surround is a straightforward process designed to enhance safety and comfort. Follow these steps to properly use a toilet surround frame:
- Positioning: Place the frame around the toilet, ensuring its stable placement on the floor.
- Sitting Down: Face the toilet with your back towards the frame's armrests. b. Hold the armrests for support. c. Gradually lower yourself onto the toilet seat, using the armrests to control your descent.
- Using the Toilet: Sit on the toilet seat as usual and take your time.
- Standing Up: Place hands on the armrests. Push down on the armrests while using leg muscles to rise from the seat, maintaining stability.
- Exiting the Frame: Stand with balance before stepping away from the frame.
- Coordinate armrests and leg muscles to avoid straining arms.
- If balance is an issue, pair the frame with a raised toilet seat.
- Ensure good lighting for visibility, especially at night.
- Initial assistance might be needed if new to the process.
- Individual steps may differ based on frame design and personal needs.
Consult healthcare experts or occupational therapists, especially if mobility challenges are present, to ensure proper and safe use of the toilet surround.