The Hand-Held Dynamometer is the latest upgrade of the old Lafayette Manual Muscle tester. It combines all of the features of the previous model with the addition of an algometer attachment, advanced menus to store testing setups, increased storage, and improved battery life. It is an ergonomic hand-held device used for objectively quantifying muscle strength. The test is performed with the clinician stabilizing the dynamometer to the limb of a patient. The objective of the test is for the clinician to resist the patient’s applied force. The HHD records the peak force and the time required to achieve the force providing reliable, accurate, and stable muscle strength readings. Brand - Lafayette.
✔ Fast Shipping.
✔ 100% Secure Shopping.
✔ Australian Trusted Store.
It features interactive menus to allow a wide range of options such as data storage, preset test times, and force thresholds to be implemented. While powerful and versatile, the HHD is still and tester comfort while easily conforming to testing protocols.
What is Hand-Held Dynamometry? Why is it important?
Hand-Held Dynamometry is a valid and proven assessment tool used for objectively quantifying muscle strength. The Lafayette Hand-Held Dynamometer (formerly known as the Manual Muscle Tester) has a high inter/intrarater reliability and is the ideal instrument for documenting medical necessity or tracking the progress during a rehabilitation or a strength training program.
Why should I choose the Lafayette Hand-Held Dynamometer?
The Lafayette Hand-Held Dynamometer features a wide range of customizable options for data storage, force overtime graphs, preset test times, and force thresholds. The HHD includes 3 stirrups with an algometer attachment, user’s guide, battery charger, sanitary covers, and carrying case.
- Simple, ergonomic design fits easily into the palm of your hand
- Three (3) easy to change molded plastic stirrups with pads
- Can measure using kPa with new algometer attachment
- Automatic storage of data, with storage for up to 250 tests in device memory
- Tone to indicate start, stop, or metronome
- Powered by rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Size: 3.1″ x 5.11″ x 1.6″ (8.03 cm x 12.98 cm x 4.1 cm)
- Range: 0 – 300 lbs (136.1 kg, 1335 N, 9999 kPa)
- Accuracy: ± 1 % over full scale or ± 0.2 lbs
- Battery Life: 12 hours
- Data Storage Capacity: 250 tests
You can download the user manual here.