Key Things You Need To Know About Medical Equipment
Purchasing medical equipment for your hospital, lab or clinic, agecare, homecare and personal care can be really tough. Most people look at the brand name and invest in the equipment without doing any research. Since healthcare depends on providing accurate diagnostics and services, doing your research is imperative when it comes to purchasing a medical device.
Different types of medical equipment
- Diagnostic Equipment: Diagnostic medical equipment is any type of equipment or tool used in a hospital setting for diagnosing a patient’s condition. The medical imaging equipment includes radiography (X-ray machine), computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasound, echocardiography, etc. Other medical devices include patient scales, stethoscopes, dopplers, and pulse oximetry.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME): This type of medical suppliesis used mainly to offer therapeutic advantages for certain conditions or illnesses. A physician must prescribe the use of this equipment. It includes manual wheelchairs, hospital beds, walkers, traction equipment, etc.
- Treatment Equipment: Treatment equipment is designed to treat a specific condition. It uses modern technology in order to address different kinds of abnormalities to restore function. This also includes surgical supplies designed to provide treatment for certain conditions that need surgical intervention.
- Life Support Equipment: Life Support Equipment is a medical device that is intended to maintain bodily function of a patient. There are a variety of life support machines in the medical field today, including heart-lung machines, medical ventilators, dialysis machines, incubators, etc.
- Medical Laboratory Equipment: Medical lab equipment are generally used in medical clinics or diagnostic laboratories. These types of equipment are intended for the analysis of blood, urine genes, and other biological material. Some of the common examples of medical lab equipment include blood gas analyzers, chemistry analyzers, blood collection supplies, and electrolyte analyzers.
While buying medical equipment, keep the below points in mind:
Consider the reputation of suppliers or manufacturers: With so many manufacturers in the healthcare industry, it is difficult to distinguish between genuine as well as fake products, especially with most sales being done online. So, it is important to research and narrow down the potential medical equipment suppliers. Also, networking with others who are well versed in healthcare equipment or contacting a biomedical service provider will provide you with the knowledge you need to know about the manufacturers and their equipment.
Variety of medical equipment: A good supplier will have a plethora of products that they sell in a targeted market. A great inventory provides your customers with the flexibility to analyze equipment, technical expertise, functionality, testing, and reviews. You can view the inventory of a supplier by going through their website or brochure.
Medical device quality:Quality is key in the medical world, especially when your business model depends on it for success and accuracy. TGA regulations, ISO certification,warranties and othersregulate the quality of any medical equipment in Australia. ISO certification is performed by external certification bodies that are not a company or manufacturer, and offer independent confirmation of competence. Independent biomedicaltechnicians can often attest the quality of the equipment or the supplier as they offer service to all the medical equipment, making their opinion unbiased, as they are not profiting from any manufacturers.
After-sales service:Irrespective of the quality of the medical equipment, there is always a possibilityof a problem or maintenance required. It ranges from a simple adjustment to a major component replacement. The support one can receive after purchase and installation will affect the purchase satisfaction level of the customer. You can always get the warranty in writing, and fill out and send in any warranty card that comes from the supplier or manufacturer.
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo loremous convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui.
Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis denimes loremous. Suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpat, ut dapibus purus pulvinar. Vestibulum sit amet auctor ipsum.